Thursday, October 30, 2008
P.S. I'm going to have quite a few hauls coming up for the next couple days and some videos as well! Great things are coming to The Pretty Girls World :)
What is your everyday skin regimen? Cleanse morning and night, followed by day/night lotion with toner.
What shampoo do you use? I cowash (conditioner wash) I'm going natural so shampoo right now is a nono.
What do you put in your hair before you style it? Leave In Con. and some type of oil.
How many shoes do you have? I don't even know...
How many bags do you have? don't know that one either
What is your favorite snack? Ice Cream Sand.
When did you start collecting makeup? Ummm...like...6 years ago
Are you a makeup artist? On my way...
Do you like Beyonce? The girl has major skills!
Color i use for foundation? NC50...that's only when i put it on.
Do you have a myspace? Yep :)
How often do i clean my brushes? Alot
Do you use heat on your hair? Not anymore
Are you in a relationship? Yes, almost 2 years...he worships the ground I walk on.. I LOVE HIM!
Kids? :).... a stepson.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I love all my other MAC colors, but this palette contains my all time favs!
I can honestly say I have to do something about my "bags" **GROWLS** I hate having that tired look. Although people think I'm crazy when I say that, I notice them! But hey...it just goes to show you not everyone can have a perfect face, right?! This look is simple, simply because I didn't want to spend that much time on my face today. I only used 2 shadows, NYX Cherry and Golden Lemon pigment by MAC. Some BTFL and mascara..WHATTT NO LASHES!! No...I didn't feel like bothering with those today either :)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
1. Because my BDAY is Friday...WOOHOO
2. Because I'm receiving some products from a few people to give reviews on, some mineral products from Michelle...MUFE items and a mascara from MK.
3. I'm getting pampered by my babes this week....spa treatment...ahhhhh!
4. I'm loving what I'm learning to do with my hair, I've developed a natural mind lol.
5. Holidays coming up, get to see my parents!!!
Hmmm...that may be it, I'm just in a really good mood today :) Nothing like a good prayer and warm feelings on the inside to start the day of right.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Pretty Girls, have a blessed day :)
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Stop hair brittleness and breakage with soy milk. It nourishes the cuticle to restore strength and flexibilty. Combine one-half cup soy milk and three-tablespoons of cornstarch. Comb through wet hair and let stand ten minutes. Rinse well.
Avocado Egg Conditioner
1/2 of Avocado (depending on hair length more)1 Egg2 Tbsp. Olive OilMix it together and apply throughout hair; place a cap or bag on your head and leave on overnight for best results.Wash out with shampoo and conditioner in the morning and watch the shine in your hair glow. If not overnight, try for about 45-60 min
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Did the braidout again today, as I stated earlier..this is a part of my regimen. Im excited because i have some newgroth! Im not using any growth aids just patience and babying my hair :) I Cowashed and added EVOO, then applied some LIC (nickle size) to my hair. I will post results when i take it down once again. Nite nite pretty ladies :).
I WILL NOT use shampoo....only about once a month to clarify OR depending on what product i use.
NO PRODUCTS USING SULFATE! Im going to try my hardest not to use them, they dry your hair out. You already know my hair shopping list is growing even longer :(!
COWASHES/Tons and Tons of CONDITIONER! Deep Conditioning anywhere form once to twice a week.
Rollersets...blah blah u know the rest. Gotta have protective styles.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes
*Young Thing - Light creamy peach (Satin)
*In Awe - Intense black with gold pearl (Velvet)
*Fall Deeply - Frosty bright blue with white pearl (Frost)
*Amourously - Frosty antique gold (Frost)
*Sweet Eyes - Shimmery muted golden beige (Satin)
*Awaken - Frosty light green with golden pearl (Frost)
Fascinating Ruby: 6 Smokey Eyes
*Scant - Creamy white with pink pearl (Frost)
*Satin Taupe - Taupe brown with silvery bronze shimmer (Frost) (Permanent)
*Dark Devotion - Black brown (Matte)
*Gorgeous - Light silver with white pearl (Matte)
*Ambiance - Cool mid-tone grey with silver sparkle (Velvet}
*Carbon - Intense black (Matte) (Permanent)
Infatuating Rose: 6 Cool Eyes
Platonic - Frosty greyed perwinkle (Frost)
Cavort - Cool dirty lavender orchid (Satin)
Satisfy - Slightly shimmery pale ballet pink (Lustre)
Bon Fete - Frosty neutral mid-tone pink (Veluxe Pearl)
Deep Feelings - Dirty deep violet indigo (Matte)
Feast - Frosty pink plum (Velvet)
Intriguing Scarlet: 6 Warm Eyes
Warm Suede - Frosty antiqued golden olive (Veluxe Pearl)
Grand Entrance - Dirty deep green with green pearl (Satin)
Real Drama - Dirty burgundy with red pearl (Satin)
Gentle Heat - Light muted grey taupe (Satin)
Well Spiced - Frosted warm peachy brown (Satin)
Sweet Joy - Frosted creamy pale gold (Frost)
I'm so stoked... sooo I'm getting about 3 of the four palettes for my birthday and I'm just thrilled! I have a little review from Marlena over at MUG...enjoy!! All the info, pics and reviews are from her...not me :) Thanks Marlena!!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
ok...since im in the long process of going natural I've wiped out my cabinet of hair products for new..more "natural" ones.
New Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry, Brittle Hair
Creme of Nature®
Organic Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo gently cleanses, detangles, and conditions while infusing dry, brittle hair with moisture derived from Kiwi fruit.
New Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-In Creme Conditioner for Dehydrated Hair
This creamy formula quickly softens, detangles, and conditions. Organic Lemongrass adds shine while Rosemary helps protect and strengthen.
New Chamomile and Comfrey Healing Conditioner for Dehydrated Hair
Pamper your hair with Creme of Nature® Chamomile & Comfrey Healing conditioner. Organic chamomile soothes and detangles while healing comfrey moisturizes and protects.
YES...this line is the truth, for all you women of color..this is for you! This is made for our hair. So...go grab some, its fabulous.
I Use profective oil sheen, its good for nourishment. Be careful not to use to much, it could be a bit overwhelming. Overall its a great product.
Elasta QP Mango Butter..my ultimate favorite! Makes my hair soft and strong!!
Nooo heat as if this month, but i do own a Remington Steam/Flat Iron.
I also add honey to my cowashes (conditioner washes)
EVOO..extra virgin olive oil
and Coconut oil as well.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
http://www.cherryculture.com/ = Great buys! Cheap makeup, and OHHH..they do sell NYX! 3.50 people!
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ WooooT!! Just about everything on here cost ONE DOLLAR...yess 1.00!! A buck..yes..seriously, a buck! Brushes..shadows...glosses you name it! Sign up for their mailing list and receive great discounts!!
http://www.coastalscents.com/ Their palettes have the whole You Tube and Makeup Forums going crazy! Although i haven't ordered anything from them yet...I'm haring great things. This is on my bday wish list as well ;)
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Key things to remember while going natural...
1. Its all about MOISTURE! Know the difference between that and OILS...
2. Products...the less the better
3. Protective Styles...aka Baggie Methods..Twist/Braidouts..Banktu KNots...ect ect
4. Conditioner!! LADIES LADIES LADIES.... i was COWASHING (conditioner washing only) my hair twice a week and my hair was so soft it would slip thru my hands!!
5. Believe you can do it!!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
1. See Things Clearly Moisturizer by MARK.....oh yehhh! Check it out at www.meetmark.com, I'm talking about baby soft smooth skin ladies. Its HAWT!
2. MAC Studio Fix Foundation(powder) in NC50... (that's my shade) i love it because it LOOKS like my skin...and i don't look like some old washed up woman(lol) annddd it gives me the medium coverage i need.
3. My MAC brushes...need i say more. I'll post pics of the brushes later, they get the job DONE.
4. Lashes...they just complete any look that I'm doing.
5. MACs Lipglass/Victoria Secrets Lipglosses...hmmmm...these 2 go head to head. I love them both the same..ahhhh...
6. Blacktrack Fluid Line...by MAC as well. This is the ultimate black liner...most def must have ladies!
7. MAC e/s in Carbon...Expresso...AmberLights...DeepTruth and Gesso...top 5 eye shadows!
8. Biore Triple Astringent for my face....lets just say overnight flawless skin ;)
9. Dove Beauty Bar..my face is nothing with out it.
10. My MAC Prep n Prime Face lotion/Prep n Prime Eye Primer!...makeup goes on smooth...no creasing and everything stays in place ALL DAY LONG>